Friday, October 17, 2008



OK, OK, I know I said weeks ago that I would have these posted for you to see. I have, truly, been very busy lately. Here they are anyway. This is the completed tractor. I used PVC 90's on the back of the tractor to serve as a kind of skid. My hope is that these will allow it to be moved easier. Our second tractor does not have these and dirt tends to pile up on the pipe ends, making it slightly harder to move than the first tractor. The first one has pipe along the bottom, as well as the wood. The reason for this is that the first one was not built with the wood frame, that was added later. On the last two versions, I was simply trying to cut material costs. It is undecided, at this time, if this was wise or not.


Here is a view from the side, with the flaps down. The cover is from an old billboard sign. These are cheap covering for many different applications on your farm. The only stipulation is that the advertising must always be placed down. Hey, it keeps the rain off. The covering is slit on both back corners. This allows the wind to pass right through, couple that with the squat design and they are pretty safe, even with their light weight. I was surprised to see that ours had not moved an inch even after Ike came barreling through.


This is a view from the backside, again, with the flaps down. On hotter days, I put the flaps up to allow more air circulation. There you have it, very simple and rather inexpensive. There are a few kinks I am going to improve on, but these have worked very well for us. I hope you enjoyed looking at these and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: