Sunday, January 11, 2009

Perigree Moon: The Closest To The Earth

As I was heading out to do my chores this morning, at 7:15 a.m., I was struck by this sight. Behind me, in the east, the sun was just beginning to peek above the tree line. The frost on the ground made our wooden walk quite slick, and looked like it had been laid in place on the cedar fence by the hand of God. This view of the moon is one of the largest I've seen, so I took a couple of pictures to share.

It was a clear sky as you can tell from the strip of light clouds just above the moon. From the picture, it looks like the moon is mere feet above the trees. Apparently, the moon is in the closest proximity to the earth in 15 years. So, I feel blessed to have gotten to see it. The barn underneath the moon is one that I built using cedar and slab wood. Someday I'll write about that, incredible journey. I am also reminded of these verses:
Ps 19:1 ¶ <> The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Ps 97:6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.
There has got to be a lesson in there for home school.

No comments: