Me, I tend to spend more time on nutritional, whole, or real, foods. I enjoy learning all I can in regard to grass and grass fed animals, knowing that the grass is the key to it all. Often, we come together with the two and they seem to meld quite nicely together. In fact, it just goes to prove to me, even further, that God's creation is perfect. That He gave us all we need to survive and remain healthy. The biggest lesson we have learned together is that the more man kind tinkers with creation, the worse it seems to get. It could be said that man has a tendency to think too much, things are not always as complicated as we make them to be. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
With this in mind, I wanted to share a list I came across that shares the real facts about saturated fats found in good food. Facts that the modern medical establishment will not share, nor even knows. If you try to share them with a doctor or scientist, you are labeled as crazy and told that those "natural" things don't really work, your healing was simply a miracle. (Funny how they can readily believe in a miracle before they can believe that an herb or healthy food helped you heal.) So, here is the list.
- Saturated fatty acids make up over half of the cell membrane of every cell in the body.
- We need at least 50% of our dietary fats to be saturated, otherwise we can't get calcium into our bones.
- They actually lower lipoprotien-1. A substance that is now known to be the best marker of risk of heart disease.
- They protect our liver from alcohol and other toxins such as Tylenol.
- They enhance our immune system.
- They enable us to utilize the essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 fat.
- These fats are the preferred food of the heart muscle itself, giving this vital organ reserves of energy during times of stress.
- Specific fats have important antimicrobial properties and protect us from harmful organisms in the digestive tract.
- When arteries are clogged it's only 26% saturated fat, over half is polyunsaturated.
These saturated fats come only from animal fats. Vegetarians are missing out on this vital fat. Of course, grass fed is the best source. One hundred years ago, Americans did not suffer from heart disease and cancer the way we do now. I believe this is why. We have been fed from our government faulty information based on questionable and faulty research that produced less than definitive results.