Saturday, July 11, 2009

Praise God! It's Raining!

It started about 6:00 a.m. and woke me from a nice sleep with a down pour, around 7:30. I know, I can't believe that I slept that late, either.

This is a significant thing because it has not rained more than 3/4 of an inch in over a month and a half. Yes, that wonderful grass I had boasted about in the pastures is all but fried. So this rain comes at a very crucial time.

Outside of the down pour this morning, it has been falling at a gentle, beautiful, wonderful, soaking pace. (Can you tell I was stressing over the lack of rain?)

I do see two downsides to this rain, however. One is that I left the ply wood for the kids bunk beds outside, not expecting any rain. This fact has put a crimp on the one major task I had planned for today-finishing the beds. The other downside is that I will, more than likely, have to cut the lawn again, something that I have not had to do in three weeks.

I am willing to joyfully over-look these minor set backs in lieu of the rain. Thank you Lord for the life giving rain! Praise be to God who reigns forever in glory above! Thank you God!

Let me know what the weather has been like around your area. Leave a comment and share what different weather conditions affect your homestead and how. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jamie Stroupe said...

What a blessing for you all!! I kind of wished that we could have shared our rain. We have had more than enough rain. Although it has slacked some, there for a while we were having 2in at a time for several days. All of our seeds in the garden washed up =( .

A little side note: my husband also made bunk beds for our girls and left some of the wood outside and then it rained, so you are not alone!!

Coming from the Stroupe home!!