Sunday, September 27, 2009

It Is Good To Scavenge

I finally, after four or five years, have a roof over the wood shed. This means that I will have dry firewood! If you only knew the way I had done things, you'd understand.

But the best part is the fact that I got the metal roofing for free! I have a friend at church that is in construction. So last Sunday, I asked if he knew of a good source that I could buy mix and match metal from. He said he knew a man that was in the roofing business and that he would check with him. To make a long story short, the next Wednesday, at church, my friend took me outside to show me he had gotten the metal, in the quantity and size I asked for, and I hauled it home this past Friday. I asked him what I owed him, he said nothing as he didn't pay for it. It was coming off an old roof that his buddy was re-doing. So, joy of joy's, I got enough to cover the whole woodshed for free.

God is so good. He provides and always goes beyond our own expectations. He even does the small things like used metal for a woodshed, praise Him!

I'd like to know, how has God blessed you recently? Leave a comment and share with us the Lord's blessings!

5 comments:

Marci said...

Free is always wonderful. Thanks for sharing your blessings!!

E said...

Thank you for this post! It's an encouragement to me today. Sometimes the day to day can be tough, but it's always encouraging to see God working in the details of life. :) So thank you!

Scott or Pam said...

Thank you for reading this humble blog! I am glad to share, and I think we ought to share what God has done, especially on the cross! Thanks again.

jaseypants said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. It always gives me enjoyment and faith. I guess I should say that God has blessed me by letting me get to know you.

Scott or Pam said...

I am humbled jaseypants. Thank you. Blessings go both ways and it gives us reason to praise Him! Besides, there are very few produce guys like me ;)