Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Electric Fence Problem

I have a slight problem with my electric fence I need to fix, tonight. I have a couple of spots where I didn't need a corner brace and just used the wedgelock bracing system. The wedgelocks work fine, but the tension on the wire is collapsing the plastic insulators on the post. Thus, the wire is coming in contact with the metal post and shorting out the fence. I am thinking of ways I can fix this without having to cut wire and re-splicing it. One option I came up with is to put a piece of wood or plastic underneath it. I'm going to give it a try, anyway. I will let y'all know how it turns out. If anyone smarter than me has a suggestion, I am glad to hear it. Leave a comment and let me know what oyu think. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: