Sunday, February 21, 2010

How I Spent My Sunday

Yesterday, Abbie (9), came down with the chicken pox.  I guess all the hard work she did with me made her immune system weak, or something.  No big deal as she will now be rid of that for the rest of her life.

Today, though, started out normal.  Mommy was to stay home with Abbie and Bess (7) and I were to go to church.  We did our chores, ate breakfast, dressed and went to church.  We pulled into the parking lot and Bess said, daddy, I want to go home."

Why?, I asked.

I'm gonna frow up!, was her reply.  So I took her out of the van and into the church bathroom, just in case.  She said she felt OK, so we went home.  Now we await her chicken pox breakout.

We passed the day in laziness.  The kids slept and we surfed the internet and watched VHS tapes of Andy Griffeth and Leave it to Beaver.  I feel like a bum.  Oh well, I can blame it on the rain, I guess.

No comments: