Friday, March 19, 2010

Doing It The Square Foot Way-Before We Get More Snow

Well, here we are, worjing in the garden.  Getting it ready for the upcoming season.  Both my wife and I are eager and excited for warmer weather.  We all love to be outside.  We bought a bunch of material for more raised bed gardens.  My wife is going to try the "square foot method" in a couple new beds.  I can't wait to see the results of this.

Anyway, this afternoon, I got out the weed trimmer for the first time since last fall.  I wanted to take care of some tall grass that had infiltrated the garden area.  I couldn't get to it last fall because of the monstrous winter squash we had spilling out everywhere.  So, I fired it up and away I went, even working up a sweat in this 70 degree weather.

I can hear some of my readers, quit rubbing it in, we still have snow on the ground! 

Well, that is why I brought it up.  Here I am, working up a sweat on a nice day in the Ozarks, looking forward to the nice weather and outdoor activities, all with the anticipation of snow Saturday night and Sunday.

You heard me.  We are expecting some snow this weekend.  We go from one extreme to the other around here.  Although, there is an old saying around here, If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it'll change.

I keep hoping it will, but it doesn't look like it.  It's going to get cold and nasty again, for a couple of days.  Guess we need to make the best of today, then, don't we?  Isn't there something scriptural like that?

I'm sick of winter.  Maybe this will be the last hurrah for the season.  Oh well, on Monday it is supposed to warm back up again and the ground is so warm, right now, that nothing should stick.  I guess there is a silver lining somewhere.

No comments: