Sunday, January 27, 2013

God and Guns

With my long absence from this blog, I thought it appropriate to share some thoughts on all the gun talk out there these days.  I will give my opinion in a moment, but I would like to say that I applaud Senator Rand Paul for being one of the few that are willing to take a stance for liberty and the constitution.  This reaches further than just gun rights, he stands against the grain in most areas-kinda like his daddy.

Senator Feinstien has crafted a bill that will effectively make AR-15's and the like illegal.  This far reaching bill will include pistols-which demonstrates how loosely they have defined the term "assault weapon".  If we read between the lines we can conclude that there is no such thing as a desire to rid the populace of assault style weapons-but of ALL weapons.  The common school of thought is that the average Joe does not need a high cap magazine or a semi auto.  Who needs 30 rounds to hunt deer?  Your right, I don't need 30 rounds to kill a deer, I only need 1.  However, if I had any weapons, I could clearly see the need for 30 rounds to fend off a gang of ruffians, or U.N. troops.  Think that's crazy?  Read your history and understand, to quote Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun.

It has become apparent (although I already knew this) that the government feels they are in a position that they can make decisions for you and I.  Look, if you don't like guns, then don't buy one.  It's OK.  I won't be offended.  If you do like guns, you have the right to that as well.  It is a free country after all, right?  At least it was.  The point is that all people have the right to decide for THEMSELVES what they will do or not do.  This is the basic priciple that this nation was founded upon.  In the 1700's, many felt that they did not need a king to run their lives, to mandate their religion, or tell them what to eat and tax the soul out of them.  We now have, as a people, elevated the role of president to that of a king.  Yes, you heard that right.  We, the people, have what we deserve-period.

I have come full circle, so to speak.  It is time that I stopped looking to government to solve my problems.  Our leaders are not in the business of OUR interests but theirs.  They are not my savior.  It is time that we, as a nation of people make the decision, one of utmost importance.  In this house, Cedar Cove Farm, we will serve the Lord.  He is our savior.  He is the author and finisher of our faith, it is to Him that we will turn.  Of course we will fight to the end for the rights of our fellow country men-and ourselves, but our faith is in Him, not government.

Now, my opinion.  IF I had any guns, I certainly would not let the government take them.  Stand up people.  The time is past.

No comments: