Friday, September 26, 2008

More on High Stock Grazing



I just got done reading a great article from the Columbia (Mo) Tribune about grass farmer Greg Judy. I love this guy and his knowledge. There are a lot of skeptics out there who say that high stock density grazing cannot be accomplished, however, Mr. Judy's farm is the proof in the pudding. I follow Mr. Judy with great interest, I am working towrad a wholistic, sustainable farm, with the intent of accomplishing this on small acreage. We own only 5 acres, with the use of about 10 more. (I haven't even begun to fence the other 10 yet.)

Click on the link above and read for yourself. As for our farm, I have a long way to go, but we have made long strides compared to where we were last year. I admit that we have had a lot more rain this year than last, but I can see results and only expect things to continue to improve. In fact, I think high stock density grazing can be accomplished with only a few animals, and this is what I am working toward.

Read the article and drop a comment here to let me know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks for stopping by.






(Post Script: We do accomplish mob density grazing, but with chickens,

















And this is the result.

No comments: