Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On The Fifth Day Of Christmas...


FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! I had to type it like that, I couldn't resist. This is the part of the song that gives you a chance to breathe. After rushing through the days, coming to the five golden rings, also gives my girls a chance to shout. So, you see whay I couldn't resist.

The five golden rings represent the first five books of the Old Testament: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. These first five books, written by Moses, are called the Torah to the Jews and they have always been considered more valuable than gold.

In these books, Moses records the history of creation and the beginning history of mankind. But the real significance is that these books record the sinful failure of man and God's plan of redemption through the creation of a people to be the light into a dark world. You might be surprised at the amount of times Christ is pointed to in these books (hmmm, that might be another thing to share on in the future).
De 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, De 34:12 And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel.

That is day five. Notice that I have conspicuously left off the my true love gave to me. I'll get to that at the end, oooh the suspense!

A teaser for homeschoolers: lapbooking. You can make a lapbook of this story and learn through it, and keep it for posterity. What's a lapbook, you ask? Go here and read about them to learn more. I will provide the link to the actual lapbook related to this story at a later time. Hey, I have to keep you coming back, right?

1 comment:

parajaxmom said...

Awesome sight! Scott, you've made me laugh for years... and now smile inside! Very inspiring! Donna