Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Fertrell Product Of The Week


This week I am going to mention some fertilizer. Fertrell has a plethora of fertilizers but I want to focus on one that I am looking forward to using, myself.


Fertrell's Gold Label 2-4-2 is an exciting one to me. This is a good fertilizer for weak pastures needing a big boost to get the grass off to a fast start.

I look around at the pastures and find that this winter has been pretty hard on them. The grass is whittled down to nothing and I fear that I will be waiting until June for a good enough stand to put the cattle on. I am still in the process of building my soils through rotation grazing techniques, but, I don't have the land to winter the animals on. This is where the problem is. They have been wintered on the same paddocks they graze in the summer. So, I am wanting to get the grass off and going quickly. That's where the Gold 2-4-2 comes in.

The readily available phosphorus in this fertilizer gets the grass off to a "pop up" start. Gold Starter Special works well in areas with a short growing season or during the wet season on heavier soils. When applied in a band, Gold Starter Special is most effective in soils with low to medium phosphorus levels.

Take a gander at Fertrell's web site and look up Gold Starter Special . If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, we're glad to help. You can also peruse their web site to find a dealer near you.

No comments: