Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Good, The Hopeful, The Ugly

About a week and a half ago, we sent two of our bovine to a new home. Our Dexter cow and her "hubby" went to a new farm and we took a Dexter steer in a partial trade. I think it has worked out equitable for both sides. We are definitely anxious for the beef. He will be sent off at the end of the month. I still have to get the guy home, though. My friend and I are going to pick him up on Saturday.

Opening day of deer season is also on Saturday. I hope to get out more for the gun season than I did for the archery season, but I'm not holding my breath. Things are busy here and seem to keep getting busier. My wife just finished tucking in the raised bed gardens for the winter. This makes me think of cold weather. I dislike cold weather. I want Hawaii weather, 75-80 degrees all year long. That, I could handle. Now if I could figure out a way to have that without the high cost of living of Hawaii, well, I suppose I would be rich.

The funny thing is that I came from Wisconsin twelve years ago. You know, the land of two seasons, winter and road construction. I enjoyed winter up there. I got out and went skiing, or hunting or just walking in the woods. Not any more. I have become acclimated.

No sense whining about it. Winter will come and go, like it always does.

2 comments:

Rural Writer said...

If you figure out how to have Hawaii weather all the time, do let me know about it! We're not to bad off here in the south, but sometimes it still gets pretty cold, and often times WAY too hot!

kjvbaptist said...

Thought those two seasons were in IL...haha