Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Fresh Idea On Gardening

I spent an incredible day today.  This morning, Abigail and I went to a friends house and cut about 3 rick of firewood, brought home almost 2 for ourselves.  This winter is staying cold enough that we are chugging through the wood.  Afterward, we went to pick up some hay for the animals.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but, both things are a huge load off my shoulders and I am very thankful for my helpful daughter and good friends.

Our youngest daughter is now suffering with the chicken pox.  She has them twice as bad as her sister had them last week.  Daddy's heart breaks for her.

One thing I wanted to mention is that my wife picked up "The New Square Foot Gardening" book.  She read the first one and did apply some of the principles, but, as always, we lacked the follow through.  I wanted to mention this book because it has us both excited about gardening again.  I will let you read it, but, if you are making preparations for the pending collapse, this is an economical and bountiful way to garden.  We are going to employ this method, this year.  If you lack space for a garden but want to put away some food for emergencies, you need this book.  I'll keep you posted onour progress.

No comments: