Monday, April 26, 2010

So I was looking around for a hanging feeder for the chicken tractors.  I need three of them.  I looked at all the typical poultry supply companies and found plenty to choose from.  I ended up buying one from the local feed store and found that it is a piece of junk, the worst $15 dollars I've spent in a long time.  I got a bit discouraged.  The prices on hanging feeders of good quality are outrageous.  But, thank God for the internet.  My wife did a search and found a neat hanging feeder made out of a bucket.  So, I thought I 'd share it with you. I made two of them this evening and will make the third tomorrow, after I purchase acouple of nuts, bolts and washers.  They only took about 15 minutes to make and went really fast after I figured out just how I wanted it done.  I haven't taken a picture of the ones I made, but have a picture of the one I copied from the internet.  To read more about it, click here.

No comments: