Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chasing Wile E. Coyote

Yesterday, I spent the day, outside, in scortching heat.  I fixed some problems with the electric fence, that took way too long.  Then I busted a belt on the garden tractor.  My wife went to town for a new belt, but it was way too long, so I still need a belt.  It's fixable, so no big deal.  I also spent the day on the lookout for Wile E. Coyote.  She has been encroaching and stealing chickens.  If that's not bad enough, she does it during the day.  My wife and kids have all seen her, I seem to be at work when she comes by.  Yesterday, she ran into the yard in front of my daughter-not cool.  I killed acouple of wild rabbits, tied them to a tree and waited.  She didn't take them.  Wouldn't you know that while we were at church today, she took the rabbits.  My goal was to occupy her long enough to get a shot.  Tomorrow, I will kill another rabbit and try again.  I'm sorry, we can't have her coming so close and taking chickens.  She could be a threat to the kids while playing-Wile E. has to go.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: