Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thought On The Colorado Shooting

As I heave a heavy sigh, I think about yet another mass shooting in Colorado.  I think about many things in regard to these situations and I have a hard time putting them all in order, but the prevailing thought goes to solution rather than blame.  I am not a "bandaid" type of guy, I like to look for root causes to problems and solve them from the beginning.  I will never be able to put into words here all the things I could, but this is a start.

Let me start by saying the under NO circumstances was this the fault of a gun, nor gun owners, nor any other anti gun theory the liberal media can spit out.  No sir, things like the Colorado shooting do not happen because there are guns in this country, in fact, the reason is just the opposite.

The young man in question is the product of some very poor upbringing, in my opinion.  My dad spent a lot of time talking to me about what a gun can do and that I should be careful with them.  He taught me right from wrong.

How about this?  Does anyone consider the violence that is displayed in movies, video games, music and television that is a large part of our culture today?  Listen closely, a child that grows up with the freedom to make his own choices in entertainment, killing for fun in a video game for example, is not a "harmless pastime".  It is not illogical to make the conclusion that there is a disconnect between life and death and the gravity associated with it.  Somehow, the connection is lost that the person or thing you just shot and killed in the game is not real and doesn't have any real consequences.  This lack of discernment is than carried into real life, where killing is just a game.

No, the gun didn't kill those people.  A deranged lunatic who is the product of a warped society did it.  The real problem is a society that has removed God from virtually every facet of life.  A society that thinks it is okay to let children make their own choices, that is disconnected from violence of a real nature and the violence of media.  We live in a society that is driven with the pleasure of the flesh, self gratification.  If it feels good, do it.

My gun was not responsible for this terrible act.  In fact, if the pagan culture that dominates the state of Colorado didn't exist, this would not have happened.  If there had been just one man in that crowd with a gun, the young man in question might be dead himself and a bunch of others alive today.  Think about that.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I don't think I can comment without a very lengthy, and probably stark-raving-mad five page book. But I agree with you.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable backlash of moronic new "laws" and cries from the masses that guns should be taken away from everyone. And you know, guns get up on their own volition and start shooting people.