Saturday, March 21, 2009

Raw Milk Provides Essential Amino Acids

In reading up on the benefits of raw milk, I find that this is going to have to be done in a series. There is just way too much good information to pass up. I have read some on the benefits of raw milk and just accepted that it was really good for you, without much thought beyond that. I know that there are several specific health benefits, but my knowledge is fairly limited, in general. I have learned a good deal already that I did not know, and I find it both amazing and astonishing, at the same time. Amazing that milk is that good for you and astonished that more people don't drink it.

This article will focus on Proteins but we have to begin at, well, the beginning. Our bodies use amino acids as building blocks for protein. Our bodies need 20-22 of these amino acids to complete this task, according to research. Eight (of the 20-22) are considered essential and we get them from our food. The remaining 12-14 are manufactured by our bodies from the original eight.

This is the neat part. Raw milk (from grass fed animals) contains 20 of the standard amino acids which saves our bodies from have to manufacture them, or, convert them.

80% of these are heat stable and easy to digest. The remaining 20% fall into the class of whey proteins. These have important physiological effects (bio activity). This includes key enzyme inhibitors, immunoglobins (antibodies), metal binding proteins, vitamin binding proteins and several growth factors.

I knew none of this scientific mumbo jumbo, but I feel so enlightened. It just goes to show that God knew what He was doing. Keep coming back for more on the subject of raw milk. Thanks for stopping by.


Mandie said...

I love it!!!!! I just found your blog and I love it!!!! If you don't mind, I would love to link back to your raw milk series and let everyone read it!!!! I remember drinking raw milk when I was a child. I so wish I had a few cows right now, but maybe someday! Thanks for the wonderful blog!!!!!

Scott or Pam said...

Please feel free to link all you like. This is about sharing knowledge (that I don't have, but am learning). Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. You may be interested in the few home school projects we did (I write about farm stuff, mostly. My wife is the teacher.)