Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can You Pee Hydrogen?

I know this sounds very comical.  In fact, I can't help but chuckle as I write this.  Right now, you're asking yourself, is this guy loopy?  What do you mean pee hydrogen?  Funny you should ask.

I just read a neat little blurb on a study that has been conducted at the University of Ohio by a group of scientists.  Apparently, Hydrogen is the most common energy source on the planet.  However, there has always been a problem in, well, logistics.  There has never been a good way to store, transport, or, produce Hydrogen.

What these scientists have discovered is that there are cheap quantities of Hygrogen gas when they placed a specially designed, nickel plated electrode into a pool of urine and apply electrical current.  So, then, it would also appear that a single cow could supply enough hot water for 19 households.

Now, to figure out how to harness my cow's pee......

No comments: